The Business Analyst shall be responsible for assessing information technology systems and make suggestions for how they can better meet business needs. Their duties include collaborating with team members to understand organizational and operational challenges, keeping up to date with the latest IT trends and tools, implementing new IT operations into the company from the initial idea to the project completion, draft statistical reports that assist decision-makers in choosing the right programs, create implementation requirements, develop IT plans with stakeholders, assisting with web site development and planning.
The Business Analyst reports to the Technical Operations Manager as his / her immediate superior.
Requirements for this Position
The successful Business Analyst applicants must have the following:
- B.S. in computer science, information systems and related industry experience
- 3-5 years’ work experience in similar capacity
- Familiarity with a variety of software methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, and SCRUM
- Expertise in development and planning tools (development, testing, deployment, work item tracking), prototyping tools and requirement management tools.
- Understanding about the best practices involved with user-experience (UX) design
- Commitment to the company’s values and demonstration of these to clients and colleagues is essential
- Collaborative nature and strong desire to work in and through teams
- Great interpersonal skills, strong client orientation
- Ability to express complex technical concepts, verbally and in writing, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Qualities of honesty, strong work ethic, greater good mentality
The Business Analyst’s duties and responsibilities are as follows:
EXTERNAL CLIENT PROJECTS AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Lead requirements gathering (Business/Functional/Technical), process analysis, user stories and blue printing
- Meet with clients, be the face of the company in the client’s offices while gathering requirements
- Analyze requirements; construct workflow charts and diagrams; study system capabilities; write specifications
- Recommend system improvements
- Identify project milestones, phases and elements, form project teams
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions
- Participate in SCRUM practices
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and training users
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
INTERNAL WEB CONTENT
- Periodically write blog posts related to your experiences during our product development
- Assist with design and implementation of company website
- Attend and contribute to team and client meetings effectively
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to teams
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Create clear channels of communication between client and development team to discuss requirements and system limitations.
- Inspire coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members
Why Join ArisAlex?
We are at the forefront of IT consulting, providing cutting-edge digital solutions to deliver tangible business value.
We offer a variety of career opportunities in an ever-growing industry across all verticals, including IT Strategy, Software Technology, Cyber Security, and Digital Marketing. You’ll not only learn about the latest trends in the industry but also get to interact with experts in the field. That way, you can carve your own path and do more with us!
Learn With Experts
We believe in the power of thought leadership and bringing together experts from different fields to share knowledge and ideas that can help shape the future. With over 10 years in the industry, we know what it takes to succeed. Together, we can make more innovative products and solutions for our clients.
Competitive Base Pay
At ArisAlex Digital, we know how essential competitive base pay is in the fast-paced digital world. That’s why we offer a generous salary that can enable you to pursue your career goals without any worries about making ends meet.
We reward employees according to their merits and contributions. Advancing as an at-will employee relies heavily on your skills and abilities. As such, joining our team also means you get to keep your skills sharp and current with real-world demand.
- Employment Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
- Employment Contract: At-Will (with 30-day notice period)
- Work Location: Remote / WFH
- Work Hours: 5 pm to 2 am MNL or 10 pm to 7 am MNL
- Paid Time Offs: 8 days per year + 7 major US holidays
- Benefits: HMO, 13th-month pay
Are you ready to change your life?
We don’t just talk the talk, we walk the walk too. At ArisAlex Digital, we know talent when we see it. We’ll give you the tools and opportunities to learn and grow at a rapid pace that will make your career take off like never before.
Come and join us, it only takes 3 steps to apply:
Rate your skills and competencies via a questionnaire that will be provided to you.
Prepare yourself for an interview with our recruiting team